MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge sticks before it starts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been running a myBB on a small VPS for work using MySQLi. I've been asked to migrate it to the work server. I did a dry run moving it to my own server in the house and no problem.

The spanner in the works is that the work one uses Postgres instead. I hit upon the idea of setting up a new empty installation on the work server using postgres, then using the merge tool to get the MySQLi data in.

SO I'm trying it out on my own box again at home. I've carried out a backup of the MySQLi and imported it into a similar table in the house.

When I go to do the merge it connects to the database but then instantly pops an error underneath saying:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:
42601 - ERROR: syntax error at end of input LINE 1: ALTER TABLE mybb_users ^
Query:
ALTER TABLE mybb_users

I've tried a few times but still the same answer. Does anyone have any ideas?

The old forum and new one are both running 1.6.9 (I think - they are both the same anyway). If you need any more info please let me know.

Thanks.

I tried setting up a new empty database but this time as MySQLi and then importing. It works fine. Is the problem trying to convert the type of data then?