MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mass Emails stuck in que
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've used Mass email in the past it worked okay. Today for some reason something has changed and the mass email option has issues.

If I try to send an immediate mass email it goes to que and never sends.

I tried to send a scheduled mass email where the date was current and the time was the current time plus an hour. But that reports an error and says the scheduled mass email cannot be sent because it is in the past ??

Current date 02/13/2013 .. current time 02:00 PM
Scheduled date 02/13/2013 .. scheduled time 04:00 PM

But it won't accept that date/time and says it's in the past. Why? when I'm scheduling it to happen 2 hours later? I've many tests and found the only way I can get my "scheduled" mass email to even be accepted is if I schedule at least after 00:01 the NEXT day.

Current date 02/13/2013 .. current time 02:00 PM
Scheduled date 02/14/2013 .. scheduled time 00:05 AM

That will be accepted but I don't know if it really will SEND any mass emails at that day and time in the future. I am waiting for the actual date / time to happen right now. I kind of think even when the actual time coincides with the scheduled time, it is still not going to work, because the send immediately option doesn't work.

This used to work up until last night. I have added a new plug in (to change the styles on-the-fly) and I wonder if could be causing problems. The server time is correct and we are in correct time zone.

What I need this feature for is so that I can send out a mass email to a specific group of users who are club members. For example notification of a meeting being changed or canceled. So I need it to work at least immediately .. which it doesn't. It did before the plug in addition. AFIK the plugin did not affect anything involving email or mass email.
Try this;

ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Task Manager > Mass Mail > Click the little clock icon to run the task.

It should run it for you.
Thanks !

That did it. It looks like our que was somehow glitched and the task manager was not running the waiting tasks. I did as instructed and all the mass mailing went out. Did some testing and all is fine again.

I have to investigate further as I'm curious what caused this problem in the first place. FWIW, I have an idea that it might have been caused by something that changed the forum time zone. While checking for the problem in the beginning, I noticed our time was something like 5 hours off. (wrong time zone) When I set up the forums a few months ago the time zone was correct. But we noticed the time zone change before I sent the mass mailings that never went. I was trying to mass mail immediately and I'm thinking that is what caused the problem. When I was trying to send them was actually 5 hours in the past. I'm going to check this further to see if I can duplicate the problem. The devs may want to check to see that the code can recognise a bogus time setting for the mass mailings. I'm pretty sure during our troubleshooting I sometimes saw an error about trying to send a message "in the past". Or something like that.

Anyway, thanks very much. I saw the little Icon you referenced but never know what it was for.

- Rich

(2013-02-15, 08:39 AM)DissociationFJ Wrote: [ -> ]Try this;

ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Task Manager > Mass Mail > Click the little clock icon to run the task.

It should run it for you.