MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Install hangs on theme insertion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all!

I'm evaluating MyBB to see if it suits our organization's needs. So far, I keep getting stuck on the Theme Insertion screen with a fresh installation. I chmodded the folder correctly, the MySQL database gets created and somewhat populated, but it just sits on the Theme Insertion page. It just says:

Theme Insertion
Loading and importing theme and template file...

With no error messages or anything. I let it hang there for over an hour thinking it was just slow. I have info in template groups, template sets, and various other tables in the database. I tried to rerun the installer with a fresh install, no luck there either. Double checked the permissions and gave them all 777 just to see if it would help but nope.

This is a local box, not a hosted solution, but it has MySQL, PHP, and Apache. It's running OS X.

Any suggestions or if anyone's seen this behavior? Thank you in advance!

Just an update-- I've deleted everything, wiped the database, restarted, redownloaded, and extracted the files. Chmodded everything, double checked the MySQL permissions for query limits and things like that, and made sure other pages were running fine on the web server. Killed every process I didn't need so it had as much hardware as possible to install.

After doing the above, I still just get hung on theme insertion. I am just not sure any more if my environment will support this software, but every preflight check is clear before install and every requirement in the docs is met.