MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: user agent stylesheets overriding global css
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just installed a fresh copy of myBB v1.6.9. I am trying to modify the global styles, but the user agent stylesheet is overriding global.css. It loads and I can see all my styles in the inspector, but they are all crossed out. Anyone know what the issue could be?

I found this, which says that the doctype declaration might have a problem, but i didn't change anything to the default:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

Is there an issue somewhere in there?

Also, why is the doctype like this to begin with? Can't we just use <!doctype html>? I tried changing all the doctype declarations that get generated in functions.php, but it didn't change on any of the forums pages. What is controlling the doctype declaration?
Regarding overriding stylesheets:

There is a variable at headerinclude {$stylesheets} which calls global.css and all other internally specified stylesheets at runtime. You can place your custom css link before that variable.

Basically, if there are 2 or more styling declarations for a single element - the latest governs and overrides the previous.
(2013-02-16, 08:14 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]There is a variable at headerinclude {$stylesheets} which calls global.css and all other internally specified stylesheets at runtime. You can place your custom css link before that variable.

Thanks, that did it.