MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hide some threads to guests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,
I want to hide some threads (not all threads!) to guests, for example with a [hide] tag.
I have already tried some plugins like "hide to guest" but they don't work, nothing happens.
Use Hide content until reply.

http://www.xup.in/dl,77941161/hideip_17.zip/

Allows you to use [hide] tags to hide contents on your posts.
Hide attachments after reply
Hide urls after reply.

Guest can't reply, so they need to register Toungue
Ok, but what about normal users? Using this plugin also normal users have to reply to see the thread, right?
(2013-02-15, 07:31 AM)barabba66 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, but what about normal users? Using this plugin also normal users have to reply to see the thread, right?
There is a option to set usergroups who can see content without reply.
http://mods.mybb.com/uploads/previews/51...dmincp.png
I can't manage its settings. In my mybb plugins it appear like this:

[Image: 29ks5jc.png]

If I activate it, on "settings" does not appear "Hide content until reply", only a row with no title like the image above, only with "6 settings".

P.s. I tried to download it from your link and from here with the same result.
(2013-02-15, 08:02 AM)barabba66 Wrote: [ -> ]If I activate it, on "settings" does not appear "Hide content until reply", only a row with no title like the image above, only with "6 settings".

make sure you have uploaded language files in right directories and that mybb.com one is a old plugin, the link i have given you is latest 1.7 plugin.
(2013-02-15, 08:24 AM)Alone warrior Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-15, 08:02 AM)barabba66 Wrote: [ -> ]If I activate it, on "settings" does not appear "Hide content until reply", only a row with no title like the image above, only with "6 settings".

make sure you have uploaded language files in right directories and that mybb.com one is a old plugin, the link i have given you is latest 1.7 plugin.

Will this hide Images uploaded or attached from Guest
well it hides attchments and urls from guest so it will hide images too.
Ok. I had uploaded languages into wrong directory Toungue
Works great, thanks for your help Alone warrior!
(2013-02-15, 08:36 AM)barabba66 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok. I had uploaded languages into wrong directory Toungue
Works great, thanks for your help Alone warrior!

You are welcome, and make sure to use latest 1.7 version, old version have some bugs.