MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum blocked by McAfee Site Advisor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Getting the below message from McAfee SAE in the last 2 days when I access the forum.
McAfee usually sucks. You can switch to other options {^_^}
http://uk.norton.com is what I use.
Or you can try to see if you have the possibility to whitelist the whole mybb.com
Probably there were a few false reports to their databases about the website.
McAfee is on the same level as Norton. Don't use them.
I'm finding bitdefender to be pretty good. Otherwise my preferred security suite is usually eset(like to try others though every other year or so).
Kay, can we stop turning a support thread into telling OP he's wrong for choosing the software he is using?

Before going back on topic, I've been antivirusless for two years now. Zip. None. Gone. When I had one I used kaspersky. Never had one. It's preference guys. It's pretty hard to get infected these days.

Back on topic...

Looking at the screenshot, it seems Mcafee blocks shareware software sites and such in an effort to save you from installing crapware on your machine. The team should contact MCafee to be removed from the list.
Somewhere in your McAfee settings you should be able to add sites to an exceptions list, to stop that happening, you just need to put the URLs in there.

As others have said, I would get rid of Mcafee altogether, it's far too intrusive, or at least set it properly, you do have some control over what it does and doesn't do.
Lads calm down, I don't have McAfee installed but I'm supporting it in work and is the message is only showing in the last 5 days or so indicating that something changed on the site, because we made no changes.

I just wanted to warn the Team here and nothing more.
I think you would be more successfull in the Private Inquiries forums.