MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: what do you think of phpBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
just wondering, your opinions!
Useless, there have been pretty much bulletin board softwares released... and they mostly are better than PhpBB.
Meh, it's alright. I used it for years before I found MyBB. It can't compare to MyBB, but if I had to use another forum for some reason, I'd settle for phpBB.
I'm personally not fond of it. I've used it in the past and gotten hacked, even using the latest version! It's was way to unfriendly and they seem very unwilling to add new features, even the ones that are highly requested. I voted useless.
It's too.... ugly... And totally un modable.
just convert phpbb to mybb! Big Grin
You won't regret it for a second. Wink
I wouldn't say that phpBB is useless, its joke ok, and not featureful at all. It also can be a resource hog and tends to be sorta slow because it doesnt use any caching. But it does the job, however, someone like me, an experienced web master, erm.. dont think so.
The 3.0 beta version is better than previous version. They improved a lot of functionality but I don't know about security. For me myBB is the best, of course.
I don't care for PhpBB one bit. I considered the move to MyBB (even at RC4) an upgrade over PhpBB.
Pages: 1 2