MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merging Forums?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a single install of MyBB on my site. It has 12 forums/subforums but I would like to merge some of them together so that I only have 5 or so. How can I move all the threads in one forum to another?

Also, can it be done with redirects as well, so it doesn't affect search engine results?

Thanks
In the forum, look for the checkbox near "Last Post [asc]" above list of topics. It will select all topics in the page. Select "Move threads" in Inline Thread Moderation at bottom and choose the forum to move. Repeat it for all pages.

Topic links doesn't depend on the forum they are in, so search engines won't have a problem.

If you want the forum/subforum itself to redirect, Go to ACP -> Forums & posts -> "Edit forum" near your forum. Enter your new forum/subforum URL in "Forum Link" textbox.

Or if you have lot of topics to be moved, you can run a query on database (phpmyadmin) to update "fid" field in mybb_threads from old forum's id to new forum's id.
Thanks Kavin!
this is one feature I would like to see as core. the ability in the ACP to move all theads/posts from one forum to another.

when I do it, I do it manually through phpmyadmin, then run the recount/rebuild script and then update htaccess for rewriting the old forums to the index or to the forum they were moved.
(2013-02-19, 05:26 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]this is one feature I would like to see as core. the ability in the ACP to move all theads/posts from one forum to another.

when I do it, I do it manually through phpmyadmin, then run the recount/rebuild script and then update htaccess for rewriting the old forums to the index or to the forum they were moved.

That seems like a lot of effort when you can just select all the threads and move them to the proper area.
(2013-02-19, 05:26 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]this is one feature I would like to see as core. the ability in the ACP to move all theads/posts from one forum to another.
+1 here.
It is a long process to either do it VIA queries and rebuilding or having to select the entire threads and moving them.
(2013-02-19, 05:33 PM)Yamaha Wrote: [ -> ]

That seems like a lot of effort when you can just select all the threads and move them to the proper area.

what if I have 915 pages of threads I want to move?