MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Re-install complete mybb software
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Friends,

I need to re-install myBB completely. The problem is,

I have 2 different forums on a single hosting complete identical about plugin and updates, in that on 1 forum I installed some ajax theme after which the plugins called "Forum Spy" is not working.

On the 2nd forum everything is same without that theme and in that Forum Spy is working without any issues.

I have uninstalled the theme, repaired the files etc but no help... so I am thinking to re-install with a fresh copy and see if that helps. My forum is quite old and has lot of plugins and modifications and I cant re-do all that.

Now I need some help in solving the issue. Either solve the issue without re-installing or if we need to re-install it then how to take backup and make it up to date.

BTW the forum address is http://www.indiachatforum.net
instead of reinstalling mybb why not try reinstalling the Forum Spy plugin Big Grin
I tried that too... even with fresh copy and copying every file from the 2nd forum... no use.
(2013-02-16, 04:22 PM)Emperor Wrote: [ -> ]I tried that too... even with fresh copy and copying every file from the 2nd forum... no use.

that would point the problem to the theme why not ak the theme author ?
(2013-02-16, 04:26 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-16, 04:22 PM)Emperor Wrote: [ -> ]I tried that too... even with fresh copy and copying every file from the 2nd forum... no use.

that would point the problem to the theme why not ak the theme author ?

As above, I've had problems with plugins and themes not working together, can you check if the theme altered any of the core files ?
I am trying to contact him, lets see if we get any response. I will have to see all the core file 1 by 1 to confirm now. Will try that too.
Everything in the page loads but not the ajax part.

I just checked the files list... there are hell lot files to be checked. So any clue or hint on what type files do I need to check ?
Guys, still stuck. Need help