MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Logo Blank + Can I Add Links To Another Site?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I am brand spanking new to MyBB, but excited. I just started a forum called at socialsecurityforum.net. I haven't even created categories. I tried following someone's instructions for uploading a logo and just have a blank line with no image. I loaded "logo.gif" (same as original logo) into the ftp in the same spot and nothing is appearing. Would appreciate any help on that issue.

Second question is: can I somehow include a link to another site from a myBB forum?

Third question: how can I include a colored box at top of forum with some warning/instruction from me (basically I need a disclaimer at the top).

Thank you so much for any tips on how I might best get this thing rolling. Smile
Your logo is pointing to:
http://socialsecurityforum.net/Social%20Security%20Disability%20Forum
Which is an invalid image path.

Upload your logo, copy the correct image path, go to:
ACP > Templates & Styles > Theme > {Your} Theme and find the place to put the logo path. Paste the path and save.

This is the place where you have to place your logo image path:
[Image: QmXPT.png]

Linking in which way? Anyway it is possible and we can guide if you state in details what you exactly want.

This may help you:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-40446.html
Thank you. I am not sure how to get my logo to point to another URL. I'm used to WordPress where I just upload the photo and then copy the URL. I also know how to delete/add images to the file manager via FTP. But I'm just learning and not sure how to get the URL into that spot. But I will play around and see what I can do. Any further suggestions on exactly how (what steps) to get the logo to point to a specific URL using FTP? I just have no idea. I don't know how to code unfortunately. Thank you for the information--very useful and helpful and much appreciated.

Also, regarding linking, I was wanting to basically link the forum to another website, somehow/someway, somewhere on the site and/or have various menu options (like above, in this forum), which I could then link to another site. I see some people have ads and that sort of thing on their forums. I'm thinking the same kind of thing, except just a link to my personal blog. If you have any ideas, I would greatly appreciate. Also, does MyBB now have SEO friendly URLs? I checked that box but there was a warning that it might not work for various reasons that I didn't understand. Do you think those will happen? Thank you for any and all advice!! Smile
If you are confused about uploading and copying the image path using ftp then just upload the logo to some free image host like imgur / someimage / tinypic and grab the direct image url from there. Then paste the url to the place I've shown.

For the linking thing, you can use simple html to the designated templates, like to display image or link to your board index; place your custom html in
Index Page Templates > index template.
Thank you!! The thing is that I don't see "index page templages > index template." I just have a series of tabs at the top of my admin page (home, configuration, forums & posts, users & groups, templates & style, tools & maintenance). When I click on templates & style, I just see four options (themes, create a theme, import a theme, and browse themes). I feel like I must be overlooking something because people have mentioned (on this forum) various things like the example you just gave but then I don't see those options on my backend. I am just overlooking something right in front of my eyes??! Smile
(2013-02-16, 04:09 PM)tinaruns Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you!! The thing is that I don't see "index page templages > index template." I just have a series of tabs at the top of my admin page (home, configuration, forums & posts, users & groups, templates & style, tools & maintenance). When I click on templates & style, I just see four options (themes, create a theme, import a theme, and browse themes). I feel like I must be overlooking something because people have mentioned (on this forum) various things like the example you just gave but then I don't see those options on my backend. I am just overlooking something right in front of my eyes??! Smile
it is before you look at the left after you click templates & style then click templates ... then choose the <theme name>templates then template group
in this case index templates