MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Few moderation log enhancements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm coming to learn from my yesterday's experience that the moderation doesn't log the activity over at some important crucial activities.

Firstly, when you warn a member for a post, it's not logged. It's only logged when you warn from profile. So adding moderator log data for who the member was and the post for which he/she was warned will be good.

Secondly, when warning from post and if the warning level reaches or exceeds the max level (if admin has set a rule, for example, on reaching 80% warning level, ban the account for x days) and the user is banned, it's not logged as well. So that would be good for logging, too.

Last is optional as there could be few instances of this everyday on active boards and it might be just too much log data, hence it's optional. If moderator is editing posts, it's not logged as moderator logs, as well. But as I said, the occurrence of this may be on a greater scale on a relatively larger board, so it's optional and is low priority feature/addition from my point of view.

Thank you.
The warnings are logged on the warning logs are they not?
Maybe add categories to sort the logged items.
Yes I think when a mod edits another user's post it should be logged.
Warnings are indeed logged in warning logs, but I'm talking about moderator logs here, which are accessed from ModCP.
Warning Logs are accessed in the ModCP as well. (modcp.php?action=warninglogs)
Yes, as I said, they are logged as warning logs, but if you want to see an insight in moderator logs:

modcp.php?action=modlogs

then that particular action isn't logged. For example, when you warn a member from post, it isn't logged in mod logs but if you warn from profile, it is logged in mod logs along with warning logs. That is what I'm saying. I think you're confusing two different functionality.
No I'm not I just thought you were saying that you can't see logs of warnings from the ModCP.
But yes that functionality would be somewhat useful.
An option to log reputations would be nice too. (Which mod deleted which rep etc)
(2013-02-20, 04:38 PM)Master Mind Wrote: [ -> ]An option to log reputations would be nice too. (Which mod deleted which rep etc)
That's already there, but that's something different.
Shouldn't warning logs be shown only in the warning logs page instead? That meaning removing the post warning logs from the modslogs page.
(2013-02-20, 10:31 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Shouldn't warning logs be shown only in the warning logs page instead? That meaning removing the post warning logs from the modslogs page.
Well, as I said that if you warn a member directly from profile, its logged in mod logs and thats good as it should. So warning a member for a post should be also logged into mod logs and shouldn't be any exception.

Also consider that banning thing which I suggested in OP.