MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I fix the /public_html at the end of my URL?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I fix the /public_html being at the end of thespeedyfeed.com/public_html
How can I fix this?
Thanks.
give me your forum link
Hello,

What you have likey ddone is uploaded a folder called "public_html" inside an existing "public_html" directory.
(so your current structure looks like this: .../public_html/public_html/)

What you want to do is move everything inside the second public_html folder up one level... so all the forum script files reside in the first public_html.

Trying to not confuse it here... do you understand what I mean?

Once you have done this, you'll need to edit your Forum URL in your ../inc/settings.php file and then login to your Admin Control Panel, go to your settings and do the same there (to make it a permanent change)

Let me know if you need further help.
(2013-02-16, 08:42 PM)Conor Calby Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

What you have likey ddone is uploaded a folder called "public_html" inside an existing "public_html" directory.
(so your current structure looks like this: .../public_html/public_html/)

What you want to do is move everything inside the second public_html folder up one level... so all the forum script files reside in the first public_html.

Trying to not confuse it here... do you understand what I mean?

Once you have done this, you'll need to edit your Forum URL in your ../inc/settings.php file and then login to your Admin Control Panel, go to your settings and do the same there (to make it a permanent change)

Let me know if you need further help.
I Don't have 2 folders like /public_html/public_html
It looks like this-
[Image: 151545b498ee0f2cc0a2a54be2111775.png]
Well, with your host the / directory must be the web directory. Just move all your files to / and delete public_html and then make the edit in inc/settings.php and then change the settings in your ACP
(2013-02-16, 04:22 PM)Emperor Wrote: [ -> ]give me your forum link
Here

I Fixed it Guys Thanks to Snickers +1 Rep Smile. My Fixed Website Smile