MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Selling a site?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I want to sell my forum.
What am I allowed to sell, legally, and morally?
Well being fair you would have to give they buyer the hosting, the forum, an everything the forum includes.
You don't need to give them the hosting. Just the files, database and domain normally.
(2013-02-16, 07:31 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need to give them the hosting. Just the files, database and domain normally.

Well charge extra for hosting Big Grin
Pretty much everything.
whatever the seller wants to buy and you are willing to sell. that simple. normally they buy the
  • domain
  • all site files (scripts, uploads, images, etc)
  • the site related databases (forum, blog, cms, gallery, etc)
  • all email accounts and mail contents related to the domain
  • any customer lists
  • all related monetary accounts or you transfer all monies related to the site
  • all rights to new and existing advertising if direct sales type ads, versus adsense and such where the buyer can setup their own ads and have no issues with anyone contracted with you
  • transfer rights to any third party contracts
  • all rights to the site, the ownership, goodwill, etc.
  • often you agree that you destroy any local copies or backups of the site you have transfered and the site verified as up and running
(2013-02-16, 08:53 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]whatever the seller wants to buy and you are willing to sell. that simple. normally they buy the
  • domain
  • all site files (scripts, uploads, images, etc)
  • the site related databases (forum, blog, cms, gallery, etc)
  • all email accounts and mail contents related to the domain
  • any customer lists
  • all related monetary accounts or you transfer all monies related to the site
  • all rights to new and existing advertising if direct sales type ads, versus adsense and such where the buyer can setup their own ads and have no issues with anyone contracted with you
  • transfer rights to any third party contracts
  • all rights to the site, the ownership, goodwill, etc.
  • often you agree that you destroy any local copies or backups of the site you have transfered and the site verified as up and running

I pretty much agree with you Smile