MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 404 Page not found
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I just installed 1.6.8 using cpanel tools, and then I upgraded to 1.6.9. After creating some forums I can see the titles in the homepage, but if I click a title it shows me a 404 page not found error for pages like "forum-5.html"

URL: http://fotoskull.com/foro/

Thanks!!

JC
SEF URLs default to on; rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess (including the dot!) in your forum root. Problem will go away.
The .htacces file is already there, with the info to use the rewrite module. SEF setting was to "Detect", I changed to "Activate", and the problem persist. Changed to "Deactivate" and know it works with php ok.

Any idea?

I found the solution. MyBB is installed in a subfolder named /foro/, and .htacces rewrites rules was looking for only root URLs (page.com/forum-1.html) instead of subfolder installation (page.com/foro/forum-1.html)

I added the line "RewriteBase /foro/" to .htacces at the beginning of the rules and now it works. Maybe this line has to be automatically added when I write the full URL inside the configuration steps.