MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Xenforo like homepage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
its been a bit since i looked at the portal code.

i do need to know is what do you want in each column?

you can choose from either, A) announcements (last threads from specific forums) or B) latest threads (any thread recently updated).

each has a different set of code and settings to enable. my tutorial is for A).

latest threads should still work in the default side box style, depending on where it is placed.

Here is the default portal/theme with A) setup

[Image: attachment.php?aid=135]
Pavemen, can you reproduce the problem with duplicate announcements?
Quote:Works perfect. Until a member post an answer somewhere in the forum or starts a new thread, then duplicate the announcements themselves, so we have 4 columns on the Portal. If the forum mark as read/or posts/threads deleted its all normal again.
i dont have access to my localhost right now (and wont until i get home friday), but the person I built the tutorial for has not come back with any issue like this.
As an guest it looks all ok, the problem exists only if you are logged in, it's strange. Mhmhmmm
(2013-02-19, 05:12 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]its been a bit since i looked at the portal code.

i do need to know is what do you want in each column?

you can choose from either, A) announcements (last threads from specific forums) or B) latest threads (any thread recently updated).

each has a different set of code and settings to enable. my tutorial is for A).

latest threads should still work in the default side box style, depending on where it is placed.

Here is the default portal/theme with A) setup

I would like to get something along the lines of the (bad paint) image attached.

Sorry about my knowledge being very low, but I like to learn and hopefully do this with help.
~ Jay.
with the exception of the slideshow, that is all the default portal template. just enabled announcements in the portal settings and set the FIDs you want to pull from.

for the slide you just need to find a JS library to use (either work with prototype or figure out jquery) and then list the images to show. there should be plenty of tutorials on how to implement that. a simple solution will be all template edits and uploading of any new JS files.
I found my bug ... it was the portal welcome box with custom code. I have totally forget that the welcome box have content/code for guests and member. There was then a conflict. Now works all perfect. Use now the search box for custom content.
good to hear you got it figured out
(2013-02-20, 04:46 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]- snip -

Thank you helping me with this.

Is it hard to redirect people to the portal after login/logout?
And would it just be in the board settings? Or would I just do this: http://community.mybb.com/thread-43811.html

Also would there be any legal implications? As that was previously mentioned.
Pages: 1 2