MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: website is just code
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I need some serious help here. I’m trying to use mybb on my website and I have uploaded it a few time and keep running into some issue and cant get it to fix. The domain is vpvisuals.com and it just displays code.. And when I go to vpvisuals.com/install it is just code.. What is the issue? I don’t know much about this so if the response is extremely technical I will not understand it.

Thanks,
Brandon
Moved to General Support. You're using MyBB 1.6.9, not MyBB 1.8 which is still in alpha stages.

It appears either PHP isn't installed or the webserver doesn't know how to interact with PHP. You should contact your web host.
Now the web host which is godaddy said everything is good on there end.. Should I use MyBB 1.8?
You should be using 1.6.9 and godaddy should work fine i guess. But it surely looks like a server issue. Server's inability to render php. Are you on a linux hosting with php and sql support
I believe so. I have talked to them a few times and they say it is something with mybb.. Im so confused as to what to do at this point. I mean I followed a few different tutorials on how to do it. Just does not seem to work.
Tell GoDaddy they should not lie to their customers. That's bad for business. Sleepy

It's an issue with GoDaddy. Either GoDaddy should admit they have a problem on their end and fix it (it's a serious issue - if it was an installed version of MyBB it would reveal sensitive information) or you should get a better web host.
Yeah I think it is a problem with them. Thanks for all your help.