MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Locked out of Admin CP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I recently screwed my forum up pretty bad. You see, I removed the ability to access the admin CP under the administrator group. Since that's the only group that can access the CP, I can't login to it. I've tried spelunking through the database, but I can't seem to find the correct permissions. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Board link
(2013-02-17, 10:04 PM)mortified_penguin Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I recently screwed my forum up pretty bad. You see, I removed the ability to access the admin CP under the administrator group. Since that's the only group that can access the CP, I can't login to it. I've tried spelunking through the database, but I can't seem to find the correct permissions. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Board link

Run this query in phpmyadmin

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET usergroup='4' WHERE uid='X' 

Replace X with your uid.
(2013-02-17, 10:19 PM)MisterW Wrote: [ -> ]Run this query in phpmyadmin

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET usergroup='4' WHERE uid='X' 

Replace X with your uid.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

The problem isn't that I'm not an admin. I am. The problem is that the admin group does not have permission to access the admin CP. Do you know how to fix that?

Thanks
(2013-02-17, 10:25 PM)mortified_penguin Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know how to fix that?

Run:
UPDATE `mybb_usergroups` SET cancp='1' WHERE gid='4';
(2013-02-17, 10:36 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-17, 10:25 PM)mortified_penguin Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know how to fix that?

Run:

I thought of this too but tested it and it didn't work.
Didn't work :/
(2013-02-17, 10:36 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]Run:

this should have fixed it.... wonder why it didnt work HuhHuh
(2011-08-07, 12:21 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]If you've lost admin access to your forum, or deranked yourself then here is how to restore it back.

Run these queries in phpMyAdmin:
UPDATE `mybb_usergroups` SET `cancp` = '1' WHERE `gid` = '4'

DELETE FROM `mybb_datacache` WHERE `title` = 'usergroups'

Then go to ACP >> Tools & Maintenance >> Cache Manager >> usergroups >> Rebuild Cache

This'll make you admin again Wink
http://yaldaram.com/thread-1909.html

Do that delete part and rebuild cache (well personally i don't know how you will rebuild cache if you don't have acp access.)

But everyone says that, so try it.
The usergroup cache needs to be rebuilt. If you delete the usergroups cache from the database in mybb_datacache it should rebuild itself automatically.

If you want to do this in SQL it would be:
DELETE FROM mybb_datacache WHERE title='usergroups'
It worked! thanks so much!