MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Empty confirmation email
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
myBB version - 1.6.9
Forum URL - http://b9fx.com

Problem - a user reported that his confirmation email arrived, but its body was empty.

I created a test account and got the same results.

I've read of people not getting the confirmation email at all, but what could cause an empty one?

Regards
Mark
Haven't heard of this before.

Are other email messages (subscriptions, etc.) working correctly?
Are there any errors in the Admin CP system email log?
Is the message text in messages.lang.php correct?
Thanks for the reply.
- I am getting correct emails to notify me of replies to my posts.
- No errors in the system email log.
- I've double-checked the code in \inc\languages\english\messages.lang.php and it looks right.

Is it possible to re-install the myBB base code without losing my forums and settings?

Mark

(2013-02-19, 04:06 AM)buzzle Wrote: [ -> ]Haven't heard of this before.

Are other email messages (subscriptions, etc.) working correctly?
Are there any errors in the Admin CP system email log?
Is the message text in messages.lang.php correct?
Maybe your language file is empty. Check it.
It could be an outdated language file, I recommend to re-upload the language files from the latest release package.
(2013-02-19, 09:00 PM)Jovan J. Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe your language file is empty. Check it.

Hi Jovan. Please excuse my ignorance... which is the language file? If it's \inc\languages\english\messages.lang.php, I have already checked that.

I've done a recursive list of all files with "lang" in the name, and none is empty... minimum size is 230 bytes for tools_php_info.lang.

In the meantime, I've manually activated all members, but I can't keep that procedure up for long.
I've also disabled all plugins just to be safe, but a test confirmation email was once again blank apart from the header lines.

Regards
Mark
(2013-02-19, 09:15 PM)b9fx Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jovan. Please excuse my ignorance... which is the language file? If it's \inc\languages\english\messages.lang.php, I have already checked that.

I've done a recursive list of all files with "lang" in the name, and none is empty... minimum size is 230 bytes for tools_php_info.lang.

In the meantime, I've manually activated all members, but I can't keep that procedure up for long.
I've also disabled all plugins just to be safe, but a test confirmation email was once again blank apart from the header lines.

Regards
Mark

As Stefan mentioned above, you should try to re-upload language files, maybe they are outdated. If that doesen't fix it, then there is a problem somewhere else.
Hi again. I've downloaded the latest 1.6.9 myBB package and uploaded the language files. The confirmation email is still empty.

Assuming a complete site reinstall is the next step, how can I reinstall the myBB base code without losing my forums, userbase, settings etc?

Cheers
Mark

(2013-02-19, 09:23 PM)Jovan J. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-19, 09:15 PM)b9fx Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jovan. Please excuse my ignorance... which is the language file? If it's \inc\languages\english\messages.lang.php, I have already checked that.

Regards
Mark

As Stefan mentioned above, you should try to re-upload language files, maybe they are outdated. If that doesen't fix it, then there is a problem somewhere else.

Update... it's not a consistent problem. Of 30 members (it's a brand new board!) 24 were already activated (using the confirmation email), 6 were not (they must have received empty confirmation emails) when I did the manual user activation of all users.

Thinking that the 6 that failed might have been the LAST 6, I'm wondering whether a change to the forum language setting might be responsible. Yesterday I changed the forum's default language from US English to UK English.

Could there be a bug in the language-change code?

I'll set the board default language back to English-US and see what happens.

(2013-02-19, 09:56 PM)b9fx Wrote: [ -> ]Hi again. I've downloaded the latest 1.6.9 myBB package and uploaded the language files. The confirmation email is still empty.

Assuming a complete site reinstall is the next step, how can I reinstall the myBB base code without losing my forums, userbase, settings etc?

Cheers
Mark

(2013-02-19, 09:23 PM)Jovan J. Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards
Mark

Confirmation email problem - diagnosed, but not exactly solved.

Symptom - after changing the forum's default language from English (American) to English (UK), registration confirmation emails became empty.
Solution - changing the forum default language back to English (American) solved the problem.

Something bad is happening there.
Cheers
Mark
The English (UK) language pack is outdated.