MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Schedule a Post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The user (who have the permission) schedule posts and threads to automatically publish themselves at any time in the future. With option to Remove/Edit/Reschedule/Immediately publish Scheduled posts.
This feature exist in Wordpress and I liked it.
There is already a similar plugin 'Delayed Posts', but I think it would be a great addition if it was in core.
Thanks
1.8 is feature frozen - perhaps for later, but as Pavemen's plugin is a prototype.js powered solution it would need a rewrite to jQuery I think.
(2013-02-19, 09:16 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]1.8 is feature frozen - perhaps for later
I see, let's hope this feature will be available in after next version..

(2013-02-19, 09:16 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]but as Pavemen's plugin is a prototype.js powered solution it would need a rewrite to jQuery I think.

1.8 alpha still uses prototype.js
1.8 Alpha isn't production code. When 1.8 is released it won't contain a line of Prototype.
If pavemen were to write his plugin into the core I would have to problem approving the pull request. However the development team is busy with all the other features we are adding so there is no time to add more official features by the dev team at the moment.
(2013-02-19, 04:44 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]If pavemen were to write his plugin into the core I would have to problem approving the pull request. However the development team is busy with all the other features we are adding so there is no time to add more official features by the dev team at the moment.

thanks for the vote of confidence. if i were to do it, it would be a little later, once all the prototype code is gone (I have not looked at 1.7/8 yet).

The main thing is that it hits everything, installation, jscripts, templates, settings, tasks, and more. Plus there are a few change requests to the plugin already.

I will consider it though, time allowing
(2013-02-19, 04:44 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]If pavemen were to write his plugin into the core I would have to problem approving the pull request. However the development team is busy with all the other features we are adding so there is no time to add more official features by the dev team at the moment.

And who/what/why set the time constraints?
It's open source and anyone can fork and submit improvements...
why limit yourselves on time for a release instead of taking the time needed to reach your goal and then give time for novel feature improvements after that. If the eager beavers want they can easily play with the repository editions when the main goals are reached... just saying.

Edit:
btw +1 to the OP
(2013-02-28, 12:05 PM)WebDevandPhoto Wrote: [ -> ]And who/what/why set the time constraints?
It's open source and anyone can fork and submit improvements...
why limit yourselves on time for a release instead of taking the time needed to reach your goal and then give time for novel feature improvements after that. If the eager beavers want they can easily play with the repository editions when the main goals are reached... just saying.

1.8 is featured locked. We have an acceptable list of features we wish to implement so we won't be implementing any other featuresuggestions ourselves. If someone wants to add a feature, and it's reasonable and not too large/overly complicated, they're free to contribute it in a pull request. We don't know when 1.8 will be released, we just know what our vision of 1.8 is.