MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Vanilla styles theme ¿Is it possible? (Little case study)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi mates!

Evaluating other forum systems I found Vanilla forums. It's like a forum system but not with the familiar structure. Instead of that Vanilla has all the threads in the front page, and the ability to change the category by clicking in a side box, like any blog.

I found this system very very interesting and, in fact, I made a little case study at Work, where we use MyBB as a communication platform for some employees.

We found that Vanilla induces more to participate just.. by doing nothing. Just installed a theme very similar to this one http://quecarallo.net/vanilla/ and they just liked a lot.

I tried the same with some friends and users from other forums and I got the same conclussion. The structure of the Vanilla themes invites more to participation.

Any suggestions?
The structure of a Vanilla theme can be emulated in MyBB.

To achieve look you have in the link then the indexpage should be modified to show the latest threads (however many you like) and the links to the forums (categories) on the right take you directly to the forum display threadlist for that category - use a sidebox on forum display to emulate the category list.
Ok, thx u!
any progress has been made? or any such themes exists?