MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.6.8 to 1.6.9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I've done a lot of searching but I haven't been able to find any help for this one.

I'm running 1.6.8 and have just got round to running the upgrade to 1.6.9, so I downloaded the changed files from your news post and uploaded them as instructed. I have indeed double and triple checked to make sure I have downloaded the 1609 file zip, and I have.

Unfortunately it seems to be claiming I'm upgrading to 1.6.8 and when I go to try and "upgrade" from there, it only lets me say that I'm upgrading from 1.6.7 at the latest (which makes sense, but isn't what I expect.)

[Image: KrX6dZD.png]

Are you able to provide me with the 1609 files at an alternative link, or anything like that? Thank you!

My forum is here, but I have disabled the install directory for now.
Did you download the correct update files?
Hi Tindris,

Yes, I downloaded the changed files zip from this blog post.

Thank you!
What happens if you select upgrade to MyBB 1.6.8?
Thanks for your continued support!

When I click next, I get this:

[Image: rRUIBij.png]

So the latest version I can upgrade from is 1.6.7 which obviously isn't right because I'm currently running 1.6.8

Does this mean I should try to upgrade from 1.6.7, or is there something else I should try?
Take a backup of your forum and attempt the update and see what happens. Are you sure you are running 1.6.8?
Okay, I'll take my backups again and I'll get back to you with the results. Thanks!

In answer to the second part, yep, this looks like 1.6.8 to me! Smile

[Image: jIFzAcl.png]
Alright, if you need further assistance feel free to make a thread in private inquiries where you can supply FTP details for us to help you out further
Hi Tindris

I downloaded a third copy of the changed files and it's working this time. Sorry for the inconvenience I caused you! I must have had some trouble downloading it or something.

Thanks again for all your help and patience.

Camisado