MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reinstall mybb with existing Database/Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
How should I do that ?

I need a completely new start with existing database+ plugins and their settings.

I'm doing this because I'm got some bugs from current installations.

Should I just delete all files and reinstall mybb and connect with existing database ?

Thank You
(2013-02-20, 08:19 AM)Budhan Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
How should I do that ?

I need a completely new start with existing database+ plugins and their settings.

Should I just delete all files and reinstall mybb and connect with existing database ?

Thank You

I think you won't get all plugins/settings when you do a fresh installation (Instead you can do a MyBB Upgrade).

Steps for Fresh Installation:
  1. First backup your database (You can do it from PHP MyAdmin/ACP in MyBB) to your local System
  2. Delete all files
  3. Do a fresh installation
  4. Restore the database
  5. Upload all plugins you wanted, activate and configure it them freshly
(2013-02-20, 08:34 AM)ksr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-20, 08:19 AM)Budhan Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
How should I do that ?

Thank You

I think you won't get all plugins/settings when you do a fresh installation (Instead you can do a MyBB Upgrade).

Steps for Fresh Installation:
  1. First backup your database (You can do it from PHP MyAdmin/ACP in MyBB) to your local System
  2. Delete all files
  3. Do a fresh installation
  4. Restore the database
  5. Upload all plugins you wanted, activate and configure it them freshly

Doing it that way from a full database will probably also restore the bugs he's experiencing.
Before answering it, you really need to know what sort of bugs he is getting, are they from the plugins or does he have a problem with the core code; he may be getting conflicts between plugins. In which case de-activating them all, then re-activating one by one would possibly reveal the conflicts.

IMO opinion doing a fresh install should be a last resort, not a first.
(2013-02-20, 08:19 AM)Budhan Wrote: [ -> ]I'm doing this because I'm got some bugs from current installations.

There is no need to reinstall everything because of bugs from installation, you should ask here for help and we will try to help you.