MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where to get usergroup ID and user iD?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently install an anti spam plugin with the option to exclude certain usergroups. I would like to exclude my personal friend usergroup from this plugin but I can't find the usergroup ID for this custom usergroup. Can anyone advise me where to get the ID for all my usergroups?

Btw, the plugin can exclude specific forum users but it requires the user ID (not user name). However I can't find the user ID from the user profiles, can anyon help?

Many thanks in advance.
The direct way would be to look at the mybb_users and mybb_usergroups tables in phpMyAdmin or your favourite DB manipulation tool.

Alternatively if you're not comfortable with those tools, you can find the group IDs when you go into Admin CP --> Users & Groups --> Groups. Hover over the group name link, and in the status bar of your browser you will see something like this:
yourforum.com/admin/index.php?module=user-groups&action=edit&gid=1
The number at the end of the URL is the group ID

For user IDs, you can do the same thing by hovering over your username in the post. For example here, your user id is 20075
Click on the group name in ACP. Follow the address bar. Will see something like:

.... admin/index.php?module=user-groups&action=edit&gid=1

The number at the last after gid= is the group id of the group you've clicked on.

Same for users.

edit: Ninja'd :p
Many thanks for the quick assistance guys, very useful!