MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge System?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If i used the merge system on my phpbb forum so i would go to mybb would i keep my database like threads, posts etc?
(2013-02-20, 01:47 PM)Ted111 Wrote: [ -> ]If i used the merge system on my phpbb forum so i would go to mybb would i keep my database like threads, posts etc?

The merge system works brilliantly with phpBB, I converted two forums with no problems what soever.

Just make sure you disable your phpBB board and leave it an hour or two before you back up.
I backed up and merge within 5 minutes of disabling the board and lost about an hours posts, not sure if that was my fault or Hawkhosts to be honest.
The second time I did it I left it an hour before backing up and never lost anything important.

What you will probably lose is stuff like profile graphics, Avatars and Siggies, also things like Ultimate points scores wont be converted,nor will any rep or thanks MODs totals that you have installed.

Thats all I can think of for now.

Hope it all helps.