MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Crawl Bots and Content Ownership
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am curious how bots determine the ownership of content such as articles. I was told that another website that wants me to write articles could not use my articles that I already have posted on my site. Is this true?

I also am about to add some pages to be website and add articles do it. But I am curious if I need to do all that work OR if I can simply write the articles on my forum and go about writing them that way?

Will one be better then the other? I am looking for some more detailed info on all this bots stuff! Please help
(2013-02-20, 05:00 PM)abenak89 Wrote: [ -> ]I am curious how bots determine the ownership of content such as articles. I was told that another website that wants me to write articles could not use my articles that I already have posted on my site. Is this true?

I also am about to add some pages to be website and add articles do it. But I am curious if I need to do all that work OR if I can simply write the articles on my forum and go about writing them that way?

Will one be better then the other? I am looking for some more detailed info on all this bots stuff! Please help

Google is working on adding authorship to Penguin in the future.

At the moment Bots work on the date and time an article was posted on the net, so if you posted something on a site a month ago, then posted the exact same thing on another site today, Google would treat the second posting as plagiarism, it has this down to sentence level, so the only way around it, is to re-write the article completely. Google hates duplicity so it's best to avoid it if you want to achieve a high PR, if not then don't worry, it's only one of many factors that affect PR.
Ok what if I wrote up an "article" in a thread and am about to transfer it to my home page. Will this cause an issue?
(2013-02-20, 05:50 PM)abenak89 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok what if I wrote up an "article" in a thread and am about to transfer it to my home page. Will this cause an issue?

I personally write all articles on my blog first, because that is the site I want to credit for the article.

If I want to promote the article on other sites, I post a teaser of a line or two with a ....read more, I turn the read more into an anchored link back to the original piece on my site.
(2013-02-20, 07:13 PM)StingReay Wrote: [ -> ]Related reading: http://riskyinternet.com/content-scrapin...ent-issue/

That is an excellent article + rep for posting that link up