MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to import/export thread ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have two identical forum setup for support i provide to my client.
Basically both should be same, all faq, guide line and everything, but due to commercial value, i can't join that two forum together ....

First forum already setup with all basic guideline, faq as thread and sub forum created ......

Now my question how to create second identical forum and thread (current).

I try export db and try import from phpmyadmin backend, but return with below error :

Quote:SQL query:

-- MyBB Database Backup
-- Generated: 20th February 2013 at 19:37
-- -------------------------------------
CREATE TABLE mybb_adminlog (
uid int( 10 ) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
ipaddress varchar( 50 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
dateline bigint( 30 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
module varchar( 50 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
action varchar( 50 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
data text NOT NULL ,
KEY module ( module , action )
) ENGINE = MYISAM DEFAULT CHARSET = utf8;

MySQL said: Documentation
#1050 - Table 'mybb_adminlog' already exists

anyone can help ?
btw i nearly noob in myql ... i don't understand any error code nor knowing how to fix it ....

any solution other than mysql import or direct copy/paste method (nearlt few hundred thread).
or anything like wordpress xml import type of solution ?
thanks
Are you trying to copy certain threads from one database to the other?
(2013-02-20, 09:53 PM)Tindris Wrote: [ -> ]Are you trying to copy certain threads from one database to the other?

cause both is new forum, if can i would prefer copy all, thread, sub forum ..... basically can consider as duplicated forum, just it support two different client ...
no one ????
or is that possible to teach how to import db ??? i ain't savvy ...
Export a copy of the database and upload it to the other install
(2013-02-22, 07:37 AM)Tindris Wrote: [ -> ]Export a copy of the database and upload it to the other install

u means upload it before i create new forum ???
thanks i will try it soon ....
(2013-02-22, 07:37 AM)Tindris Wrote: [ -> ]Export a copy of the database and upload it to the other install

solve by the hard way ...
1. Install forum in new domain. (i can't copy files folder and install with db, forum show but redirect to first site).

2. Delete all table (basically drop everything), than import my first site db and it work.