MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Show "referred by" in user profile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
At the moment there is the function to see a member's referrals, but no function to look at a profile and see who referred them.

As I intend to only activate accounts via admin approval, and only if they are referred by an existing member, when someone registers I need to see who referred them in their profile.

When you look at A Profile in ACP, you get

Edit Profile & Settings
Ban User
Delete User
Show Referred Users
Show IP Addresses
Show Attachments

I would like the option "Referred By" so I can see which member referred them... or I need to see it somewhere in their profile.

Could anyone tell me how to achieve this please?
(2013-02-21, 11:54 AM)GH01 Wrote: [ -> ]At the moment there is the function to see a member's referrals, but no function to look at a profile and see who referred them.

As I intend to only activate accounts via admin approval, and only if they are referred by an existing member, when someone registers I need to see who referred them in their profile.

When you look at A Profile in ACP, you get

Edit Profile & Settings
Ban User
Delete User
Show Referred Users
Show IP Addresses
Show Attachments

I would like the option "Referred By" so I can see which member referred them... or I need to see it somewhere in their profile.

Could anyone tell me how to achieve this please?

Try this http://mods.mybb.com/view/referral-in-profile
Sorry, but you are misunderstanding what I asked for. You can already look at a member's profile and see which members THEY referred, but I want to look at a profile and see who referred THEM. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

In 1.6.9 the plugins suggested are already implemented as standard. When somebody registers and is referred by an existing member, I want to see who they were referred by, otherwise I would have to look at every member profile to find who actually referred them.
(2013-02-21, 03:02 PM)GH01 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but you are misunderstanding what I asked for. You can already look at a member's profile and see which members THEY referred, but I want to look at a profile and see who referred THEM. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

In 1.6.9 the plugins suggested are already implemented as standard. When somebody registers and is referred by an existing member, I want to see who they were referred by, otherwise I would have to look at every member profile to find who actually referred them.

I agree.

if the core is going to show people how many users a user referred to the site, it would be nice to see which users were referred to the site by the user as a standard feature.
Well without a plugin you can use this:

<a href="member.php?action=profile&uid={$memprofile['referrer']}">referred by member id  {$memprofile['referrer']}</a>

It should be reasonably easy to do as a plugin to get the name.

I have made the plugin - I shall upload it to the mods site - pm me for an early copy.
Thank you very much. I have answered your PM.
Not a problem - please report back if it is ok.
I have installed and activated it, and it shows when selecting a user from the Member List and in the Newest Member listing, however it does not show in the user Overview tab in Admin, which is where I would really want to view it before the activation process. Is it possible to update the plugin to show it there please?
I am sorry, no I cannot. It is for profile.
Pages: 1 2