MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My Support Templates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How do I put the MySupport templates on a new skin and also what template is used to make sure the "Deny support to this user" is displayed in the thread?
I think if you just activate deactivate then it will apply the mysupport templates to a new theme. Be aware that any edits you made to the mysupport templates would be reverted too. I would expect that the deny support variable is in the postbits.
(2013-02-21, 01:02 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I think if you just activate deactivate then it will apply the mysupport templates to a new theme. Be aware that any edits you made to the mysupport templates would be reverted too. I would expect that the deny support variable is in the postbits.

Any edits like what? prefixes etc? deny reasons things like that?

Here is another question, deactivating a plugin and reactivating it puts the changes on all skins I have? (providing there are changes to templates?)
Things that you have changed in the templates would be lost I think - not sure on the deny reasons. It would change in ALL themes you have installed.

Looking at the mod site there are

Templates added: 22
Template changes: 21

so that is quite a lot to go through manually changing, I think the best way is to do the deactivate / reactivate with a back up of your board in case you lose any settings (I expect it won't be an issue but yea, better safe than sorry...)
(2013-02-21, 01:16 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Things that you have changed in the templates would be lost I think - not sure on the deny reasons. It would change in ALL themes you have installed.

Looking at the mod site there are

Templates added: 22
Template changes: 21

so that is quite a lot to go through manually changing, I think the best way is to do the deactivate / reactivate with a back up of your board in case you lose any settings (I expect it won't be an issue but yea, better safe than sorry...)

The thing is I have been going through it manually on each skin Toungue
I really don't know what to say Sad

You could always export the themes (with the templates) before you do a default install; I have no idea if you have edited the global mysupport templates. If you have, then those changes would just be lost on a deactivate/reactivate.

If you are looking to find each altered template then I guess you can go through the templates of each theme looking for the template changes and then making sure they are all there. It is error prone though.

In your situation, I would probably export my "best" theme and then do the deactivate/reactivate and then reapply my edits as a sadder wiser fish Toungue
(2013-02-21, 01:41 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I really don't know what to say Sad

You could always export the themes (with the templates) before you do a default install; I have no idea if you have edited the global mysupport templates. If you have, then those changes would just be lost on a deactivate/reactivate.

If you are looking to find each altered template then I guess you can go through the templates of each theme looking for the template changes and then making sure they are all there. It is error prone though.

In your situation, I would probably export my "best" theme and then do the deactivate/reactivate and then reapply my edits as a sadder wiser fish Toungue

Would deactivating/activating remove my manual template changes? probably not thinking about it Toungue ahh why must I take the long road lol.
I am sorry Mark. If it is any consolation - I did that with several plugins before I knew about making the theme changes the "easy" way.
(2013-02-21, 02:45 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I am sorry Mark. If it is any consolation - I did that with several plugins before I knew about making the theme changes the "easy" way.

It's alright Smile so deactivating/activating won't remove my manual changes?
It might. It probably will. Sad
Pages: 1 2