MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im Not sure if this is the correct place if not please move it.

Anyway, I am trying to create a few mybb plugins. Yes I do have knowledge in PHP,HTML,CSS, Java Script and Java.

I am trying to work out how to add options in diffrent parts of the ACP and intergrating plugins within the template like for example adding a new form after the text field in newthread.php. I know how to use the hook system by Making A Activate/Deactivation feature so far.

Thanks,

Spudster
easiest way to learn is to grab a plugin that does what you want already and look at what hooks are used and how.
I can confirm that is the best way to start; I still get a bit lost in the hooks though Dodgy
Regarding what you want to do as mentioned in OP, start taking this plugin of mine as a guide:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-128048.html

And yes, as other's said, that's a great way to jump into.
Ok, Atleast the plugin sources are open source/free Easier to learn.

I have looked at a some plugins only thing I still carn,t find is adding a template with a custom page. I have a page called page.php, For a page feature(like Facebook like) the functionality is done All it needs now is adding the template so it is fully intergrated.

Besides that I am set in creating plugins.
Ok Ive got a plugin working how do I add templates? I want the user to have 3 options, Global Plugin, just in Forum view or newthread.

Reply asap So I can then upload the first p;ugin.
Hook into the specified places (use hooks, for example, global for everywhere, forumdisplay, etc). For how to add templates, that's simple, just check any plugin or even the one I mentioned of mine above adds/removes (on installing and uninstalling, respectively) template.
Im understanding abit better, Still dont know how to include or link back to php code within a template IM trying to add something in the user cp even looking at other mods.
Besides that IM on a Ok start.

Uploaded my first plugin. My next plugin requires the use of the template system Just before the personal NotePad in the user cp I need to add something How would I get it to modify that template and php to function with it? If it isn't possible without core file edits I can do it on a separate page usercp.php?action=something with a link in the user cp.
I know how to use the hook system now by articles on Mybb and your mod, This helped me With my first plugin which I will link to soon once its approved.

Thanks for your great support :.)

Spudster

(2013-02-21, 04:38 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I can confirm that is the best way to start; I still get a bit lost in the hooks though Dodgy

Im lost in the hooks myself Big Grin

Specially adding things within the templates I should get the hang of it.