MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forbidden AdminCP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed my board, and when I click on the AdminCP, it gives me this error:
Quote:Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /admin/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.*****.com Port 80

Is there a way to fix this? I've tried changing the permissions and it didn't work.
That's weird, maybe your server host has set the permission for it himself.
Maybe you can try doing this. And see if you get the same error still after that.
I only have this in /inc/config.php
<?php
?>

That may be the problem, eh?
You haven't installed the board? When you go to the forum it does show the forum right?
the inc/config.php was the one on the server right? Not the one on your own computer?
Oh, no, I just opened the config.php that was on my computer. I'll download the config.php when I get home.
Sorry for the bump...

It still doesn't work:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /no629/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.*****.com Port 80

Sad
Okey, sorry.
You might wanna read this thread then. Hope you get it working.
Is there anything in the server error log that describes this "Forbidden" error in more detail?
DennisTT Wrote:Is there anything in the server error log that describes this "Forbidden" error in more detail?
Would this be what you're looking for?
[Sat Nov  4 09:26:53 2006] [error] [client ****] client denied by server configuration: /home/****/public_html/no629/index.php
Does it still not work if you rename your admin directory to something like: myadmin
?