MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Enable BBcode Box for All Users + portal.php Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://tales.rpgplanet.gamespy.com/forum/

The box in the "Your Message" field in my forum dosen't automatically enable for any of my members (I am running it as a test board ATM). Is there an option in the ACP to auto-enable it. I know there has to be one, since this forum automatically did it.

And I get a Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hsphere/local/home/tales/tales.rpgplanet.gamespy.com/forum/portal.php on line 359, followed by a bunch of garbeled text on portal.php. Does anyone know what that is occuring?

Thank you for helping me. Smile
Please provide a test user for your forum.

The box you mean the textbox? Or the buttons you use to add bold/italics/underline, etc? See this:
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=13434

As for the portal, all I see now is a blank screen. Have you modified it in any way?
Nope. I just installed the file from the ZIP download.

Does it have to be CHMOD 777 or something? I have it at 666 right now, IIRC.

And I'll try that fix listed in the thread you gave the link to tommorow.

Do you need a test user account for the portal.php issue, or was that for the BBcode issue if I couldn't resolve it?
You don't have to chmod portal.php
In Admin CP -> Board settings -> Change -> Portal Settings
Make sure you add a real forum id inside "Forum ID to pull announcements from" field.
An invalid forum ID caused that error.

Is there a way to make the Portal the default page for a forum, or would the link to the portal.php have to be set when someone links to the forum (Like on my site, instead of /forum/, I would put /forum/portal.php)?
Soshite Wrote:Is there a way to make the Portal the default page for a forum, or would the link to the portal.php have to be set when someone links to the forum (Like on my site, instead of /forum/, I would put /forum/portal.php)?

You can rename index.php to be forum.php and portal.php to be index.php. Then change the header template to include a link to forum.php.
DennisTT Wrote:
Soshite Wrote:Is there a way to make the Portal the default page for a forum, or would the link to the portal.php have to be set when someone links to the forum (Like on my site, instead of /forum/, I would put /forum/portal.php)?

You can rename index.php to be forum.php and portal.php to be index.php.  Then change the header template to include a link to forum.php.

Thanks so much. Smile