MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Banshee PHP framework
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://www.banshee-php.org/

Brief description:

"Banshee is a PHP website framework, which aims at being secure, fast and easy to use.[...]

The main focus of the framework is to be secure. Several techniques have been used to prevent attacks like SQL injection, Cross-Site Scripting and Cross-Site Request Forgery. The framework also takes care of authenticating users.[...]

Why Banshee?

There are a lot of PHP frameworks available. So, why should you chose Banshee? Many frameworks require a lot of documentation reading before you can start using it. While creating Banshee, special attention has been given to an easy to read and understand structure. Where possible, Banshee creates a transparent layer on top of the default PHP functionality. For example, you can use $_SESSION as you are used to. The Banshee session library takes care of the rest. To understand how Banshee works, just start reading public/index.php and everything will be clear. Promise.[...]"
We've already decided on a solid candidate for the framework. I don't think we're going to consider any more frameworks, especially one which does have much community support.
They have a weird license requirement: you must allow the framework to autogenerate a meta-tag on each page saying that it's been generated by the framework.

Besides, I don't see any community links on the website and the documentation it's quite basic. Just because they say it's secure doesn't actually provide any guarantees.

Quote:We've already decided on a solid candidate for the framework. I don't think we're going to consider any more frameworks, especially one which does have much community support.

It's still Yii?
@Kaeden:

We are considering many frameworks. When we have something to announce, we will do so.
Quote:We've already decided on a solid candidate for the framework.

So which is it?
(2013-02-23, 09:01 PM)scylla Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:We've already decided on a solid candidate for the framework.

So which is it?

(2013-02-22, 07:17 PM)Euan T. Wrote: [ -> ]When we have something to announce, we will do so.

But if you look at posts that staff members have been making regarding PHP frameworks over the last 6 months+, you should be able to get a good idea of what we prefer Wink
Unfortunately I've been contributing most of my time at vbulletin.org & vbulletin.com helping users out over there since my current site is running vbulletin 4.2.0. And now I am considering installing mybb for a second site of mine.
You're making the right decision then. 2.0 is still a while off, but 1.8 is going to be massive and you can participate in the Alpha now.
(2013-02-22, 07:17 PM)Euan T. Wrote: [ -> ]@Kaeden:

We are considering many frameworks. When we have something to announce, we will do so.

I want to know which is? is it at the top 10 list?
Top ten php frameworks
(2013-02-24, 03:34 AM)mrleewood Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-22, 07:17 PM)Euan T. Wrote: [ -> ]@Kaeden:

I want to know which is? is it at the top 10 list?
Top ten php frameworks

The current major contender is not actually one that list.
Pages: 1 2 3