MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySql problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to install mybb 1.8 and I'm in installation process and I put in all the correct information required for Database structure and it's not working it keeps giving me the following error:

Error
There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:
Could not connect to the database server at 'localhost' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?
Once the above are corrected, continue with the installation.

I have all the correct information inserted... But keeps giving that error
Silly question: are you sure MySQL is running. It's caught me before.
Are you using a port other than the default "80"?
Definitely an issue with your MySQL server rather than MyBB - otherwise we'd have more than 1 report of an issue. Triple check your user credentials for the SQL server and the port/host.
(2013-02-24, 03:31 PM)ElectricShock Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using a port other than the default "80"?

MySQL default port is 3306, Apache/Nginx/Cherokee/LSWS runs on 80. The page can be accessed fine, it sounds like.
This is a website hosting company so yeah MySQL is running and everything else is running.. I'm switching web hosting providers...
(2013-02-25, 04:24 AM)ucjohn Wrote: [ -> ]This is a website hosting company so yeah MySQL is running and everything else is running.. I'm switching web hosting providers...
Doh... I assumed it was a local environment because of the DB hostname being localhost... Plus, 1.8 isn't production-ready.

Not a very accurate assumption, now that I think about it.
no this is a actual webhosting server I was trying to install it on.. I was able to install mybb 1.6 no issues...

And no alot of providers even on a shared hosting server require you use localhost when doing database structure.. useing the domain name is for external connections that allow you to link MySql etc.. I could drag on about this but anyways got myself a VDS Server with WHM/Cpanel and installed mybb 1.8 without a issue or a problem so case point I think there was settings on there webhosting server that was causing this issue.. But now I've made my own proper judgement call.. Glad I got a friend that runs a very good webhosting company I should have made the switch long ago now I have and I couldn't be happier with results...
Glad you managed to sort it out in the end Smile