MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: BBCode on Quick Reply
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The title says it all. This feature couldn't be *too* hard to add, and it'd save a lot of time with the quick code-inserting.

Specifically, these would be most helpful:
- Bold / Italic / Underline
- Font
- Size
- Align
- Image / Link
I thought quick reply was suppose to be quick/light.... 0.o
To me, that defeats the whole purpose of quick reply. If you don't know all of the MyCode, then you should be using the full reply. It just makes it more bulky and it's unnecessary.
vB pulls it off elequently.
Resulting in bigger loading time. I like it light, it would have to be a additional option to the bbcode editor on the full view if it was added.

And, you shouldn't compare MyBB with vB. vB wants to add alot of features so everyone is happy, which leads to bloating eventually.
This feature would be great to have in upcoming Mybb's
I'm not asking for bloating, I'm asking for what would be a nice addon.

For dialup users, using the reply page can be hell if it's an active forum.
PHP_Paul Wrote:I'm not asking for bloating, I'm asking for what would be a nice addon.

For dialup users, using the reply page can be hell if it's an active forum.

And it would be even worse if it was a showthread page ^_^. The showthread.php page probably proccesses more stuff than the newreply page.
PHP_Paul Wrote:vB pulls it off elequently.

PHP_Paul Wrote:For dialup users, using the reply page can be hell if it's an active forum.

Being a dial-up user, I can attest to the fact that even the "simple" vB quick reply takes forever to load. Really, the whole page can be loaded, but I'm still waiting on the "quick" reply box to load. Sometimes I just get impatient and go to the full reply page. It loads FASTER in vB.

For this reason, I do NOT want to see the MyBB quick reply go in any direction that makes it anything other than a simple textfield with a few options.

Put simply and bluntly, vB's "quick reply" sucks and isn't quick. So, it's a pretty bad example for what direction MyBB should be going in.
will make the thread page to load slow on slower connections.
Pages: 1 2 3