MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL Error: 1054 with Private Messages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently converted from IPB 2.3.3 and besides a few formatting errors everything seems well. The PM section is where I'm having issues.

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'Guest' in 'where clause'
Query:
SELECT uid, username FROM mybb_users WHERE uid IN (Guest)

I've read over the other 1054 errors and it leads me to believe the problem is caused by a plugin. I'm only running two plugins:

Login Password Conversion (1.3)
Akismet (1.2.2)
(2013-02-24, 12:19 AM)savrip Wrote: [ -> ]I recently converted from IPB 2.3.3 and besides a few formatting errors everything seems well. The PM section is where I'm having issues.

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
Query:

I've read over the other 1054 errors and it leads me to believe the problem is caused by a plugin. I'm only running two plugins:

Login Password Conversion (1.3)
Akismet (1.2.2)

Try uploading a fresh copy of private.php from the MyBB installation files
Didn't work. I refreshed the pages to make sure I was looking at the new file, but still get the same error.

If I export the private messages I can read them, but they're still not loading under the normal UI.
(2013-02-24, 12:48 AM)savrip Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't work. I refreshed the pages to make sure I was looking at the new file, but still get the same error.

If I export the private messages I can read them, but they're still not loading under the normal UI.

Do you still get the error if you disable all plugins?
Yes, disabled the two and still get the same error.

Also, from Sent Items in the Inbox I get this slight variation:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
Query:
SELECT uid, username, usergroup, displaygroup FROM mybb_users WHERE uid IN (Guest)
Just to add to this, I am also having the same problem after converting from IP.Board 2.1.7 to MyBB. It is not possible to read existing private messages due to the following error:

Quote:1054 - Unknown column 'Guest' in 'where clause'

When attempting to read a message in the inbox the SQL Query is:

When attempting to load the sent box the query is:
SELECT uid, username, usergroup, displaygroup FROM mybb_users WHERE uid IN (Guest)