MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: (How To) moderate new posts/threads on Per-Group basis?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

Is there a way to make it so that all new posts and threads are somehow hidden from view by registered members and guests?

I have a couple of forums that I am slowly trying to grow, so they go unattended for semi-short periods of time. There is no worse feeling than returning after 24 to 48 hours to find that 25 spammers have registered and posted their spam posts all across the forum. What is worse is when those results show up in google despite using no-follow URLs.

Having investigated the AdminCP and ModCP's in what I consider to be at least a semi-thorough fashion, I can not find a solution to this problem.

Is there a way to achieve this:

- within the AdminCP standard settings?
- by using groups in some fashion?
- by using the rank system in some fashion?
- by using the ModCP interface in some fashion?
(2013-02-24, 01:45 AM)geekywebadmin Wrote: [ -> ]Hello.

Is there a way to make it so that all new posts and threads are somehow hidden from view by registered members and guests?

I have a couple of forums that I am slowly trying to grow, so they go unattended for semi-short periods of time. There is no worse feeling than returning after 24 to 48 hours to find that 25 spammers have registered and posted their spam posts all across the forum. What is worse is when those results show up in google despite using no-follow URLs.

Having investigated the AdminCP and ModCP's in what I consider to be at least a semi-thorough fashion, I can not find a solution to this problem.

Is there a way to achieve this:

- within the AdminCP standard settings?
- by using groups in some fashion?
- by using the rank system in some fashion?
- by using the ModCP interface in some fashion?

you can set the registration settings, that those have to wait till you checked their account and activated them and you can create custom profile fields, with the title: "Contact" description: "You have to fill this with a methode to contact you" and set that field to needed
and if someone typ any orange into that field you can delete his not activated account
+ you have to change the configuration of the Awaiting Registration to: cannot post/answer/create a thread

so no spamming left

(sry if i wrote something, what you dont understand, its 02:50am and i wrote fast, and english is not my board language (/and/or my main language))

matrix.
That is not the solution I am looking for. That would be a last ditch effort. I don't prefer last ditch efforts as a first response.

Manual registration approval turns off a lot of people. They see that and say "Hmph, well, I will just go elsewhere."

I would like for them to be able to post, only to be met with a message thanking them for posting and explaining that their message will be viewable once approved in a short period of time.
(2013-02-24, 02:03 AM)geekywebadmin Wrote: [ -> ]That is not the solution I am looking for. That would be a last ditch effort. I don't prefer last ditch efforts as a first response.

Manual registration approval turns off a lot of people. They see that and say "Hmph, well, I will just go elsewhere."

I would like for them to be able to post, only to be met with a message thanking them for posting and explaining that their message will be viewable once approved in a short period of time.

thats one of the ways i know..

hmm :/ now i know what you mean

edit that forum and then go to: Moderation Options and tick: Moderate new Threads.
when they have to wait till a moderator go to the Moderator-CP > modqueue and then activate the thread
Thank you. That's what I needed.
(2013-02-24, 02:13 AM)geekywebadmin Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you. That's what I needed.

no problem
I'd still be interested to see if this is possible on a per group basis as opposed to a per forum basis.
http://mods.mybb.com/view/required-approvals

easiest plugin, works like a charm.
(2013-02-24, 01:54 AM)matrixcraft Wrote: [ -> ]and if someone typ any orange into that field you can delete his not activated account
matrix.
what is orange ?? I am interested as to the result (not good english but it may make translation easier)