MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Website down due to MyBB SQL Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
144 - Table './xxxxxx_db/mybb_posts' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed
Query:
SELECT p.pid, p.message, p.tid FROM mybb_posts p LEFT JOIN mybb_threads t ON (t.tid=p.tid) WHERE t.fid IN (4,5,6,7,8,9,10,53,54,55,86,95,96,94,101,295) AND t.visible='1' AND t.closed NOT LIKE 'moved|%' AND t.firstpost=p.pid ORDER BY t.dateline DESC LIMIT 0, 50

I was facing a problem with a sudden increase in system resources even with just 10 users online on the forum and had received 2 warnings from the hosting company to optimize the tables to fix the issue as resource usage had gone upto 95%. I went to the admin section and clicked on optimize option from mybb and as soon as I did that, my website crashed. I did not manage to save a backup in time and the hosting provider has overwritten their backup, so I have lost my site which has been running for more than 3 yrs :-( Please help me restore it back again.. I will be really grateful if you can help me sort out this issue..
No data was lost. You just need to run a query to repair it. Smile

repair table mybb_posts;
(2013-02-24, 05:29 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]No data was lost. You just need to run a query to repair it. Smile

repair table mybb_posts;

Could you tell me where exactly should I run this query.

Eg: In cpanel, myphpadmin, where do i run it in?
Database queries are ran in phpmyadmin.
(2013-02-24, 05:36 PM)sheldon365 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-24, 05:29 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]No data was lost. You just need to run a query to repair it. Smile

repair table mybb_posts;

Could you tell me where exactly should I run this query.

Eg: In cpanel, myphpadmin, where do i run it in?

Run it in your phpMyAdmin. Find your database, and run that query Nathan said above Smile

Edit: Ninja'd
This is what I just did,

I went to myphpadmin,
From the list of databases, i selected the root in which my forum is stored, i,e. _db in my case
then from the list of
Structure
SQL
Search
Query
Export
Import
Operations
I selected SQL, typed in repair table mybb_posts; and then hit GO

It then said loading..... n the popup disappeared...

Checked my site, but it still gives me the same error

I don't get the "your SQL query will now be succesfully entered" message

I waited for around 2 - 3 mins and then get "#2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query" message
There should be a checkbox on the left of each table. Select the necessary ones, and below the tables list, there should be a menu. Select "Repair Table". That is how I repair my tables.
Tried that method, the page tries to refresh and i get a "#2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query" message..
If you need further help, please PM me your cPanel details and forum URL Smile
I got my site up, now I am facing another problem, i have currently restricted my site for private users till i fix the extensive resource problem, but with me being the only user on the site, i still get a message saying, too many sql connections used, cannot open page.. What could be a possible solution to this problem?
Pages: 1 2