MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 2.0 Must be Unlike MyBB 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
There is a quick edit feature by default as well though...
(2013-03-02, 12:25 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]There is a quick edit feature by default as well though...

Read his post again. He's suggesting that Multi-Quote should function in Quick Edit.
Why would you add a quote to an edit? You should have read the posts before yours and quoted them if needed at the start. I think that would be better a plugin personally.
Why does everyone hate tables so much? Forums are tabular data.
Because they're so strict in nature on how they can be formed.
(2013-03-02, 02:17 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you add a quote to an edit? You should have read the posts before yours and quoted them if needed at the start. I think that would be better a plugin personally.

Someone posts something you want to quote in your initial post after you. What do you do?
Make a new post quoting it there like you just did. Or, if in the extremely rare case I found the need for it to be in the post before theirs I would simply copy and paste it from a reply that is never posted.
Oh right, I can see why that may be useful on a busy forum/thread. Smile
(2013-03-02, 03:01 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Why does everyone hate tables so much? Forums are tabular data.

Amen to that. Forums should are tables, use tabular data and please for the love of all that is Holy, do not use a CSS framework such as Zurb or any of the horrible grid ones.
It's horrible to style tables, and limits it so much. :/ There's a point where you say hm... sacrifice functionality for semantics? Why?

Divs can be styled to look identical to any tables, but not vice versa.
Pages: 1 2 3