MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unvo theme: Changing Color selector default color?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if you guys know where to change the default color for the color selector? Orange is not doing it for me.

These are the instructions that Eric gave me to change the default color. I don't know how to load.js and find what he is talking about. Can someone give me detailed instructions on where exactly I need to go do replace what he is talking about? I would really appreciate the help.

Eric's instructions:

As for setting the default color, you'll want to open load.js and find:

if ( ($.cookie('unova_customcolor') != null))    {
         var loadColor = $.cookie('unova_customcolor');
     } else {
         var loadColor = "FF6000";
     }

Change all that to

var loadColor = "FF6000";

and change "FF6000" to the color of your choice. http://www.colorpicker.com/

You can optionally also open your global.css code in your own text editor and find/replace all instances of FF6000 with the color code of your choice. This would just help with loading the color faster.

[attachment=28697]
When you uploaded the Unova theme, you must have uploaded a file named load.js. You just need to open it and edit those lines that Eric told you. Wink

From viewing your source code, the file is in this location: /jscripts/audentio/unova/colorpicker/js/load.js
Thanks. I'll give that a try.

It works, but every time I reload the page it still flashes the original default color.
Have you tried to do the optional step that Eric told you? I mean this:

Quote:You can optionally also open your global.css code in your own text editor and find/replace all instances of FF6000 with the color code of your choice. This would just help with loading the color faster.

He says that the color will load faster if you do this.
So every member would have to do this to stop the orignal orange from flashing when loading a new page?