MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Should i try to integrate mybb with wordpress? or just create a mybb database and delete my wordpress one? I already have a blog running and etc and I am not use to anything except for wordpress.
You are the only one who can answer that question. Do you need a blog? Do you need a forum? Or do you need both? See the funcionalities of both and then make your decision. We can't really tell you what to do if you don't provide us with much information about what do you want.
(2013-02-25, 08:00 PM)Irreligious Wrote: [ -> ]You are the only one who can answer that question. Do you need a blog? Do you need a forum? Or do you need both? See the funcionalities of both and then make your decision. We can't really tell you what to do if you don't provide us with much information about what do you want.

Well I just want to make a website to list information (not so much a blog)
But what i need is a forum for people to ask questions, information so people can read up on what they need.

For example:
Dog website, I need a forum so dog owners can communicate with one another and ask questions. Care sheet page to list information on how to care for dogs, what supplies you need and etc. RSS feed so members can be updated on news and etc aout dogs.

Something along those lines.
(2013-02-25, 08:17 PM)billybatz9 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-25, 08:00 PM)Irreligious Wrote: [ -> ]You are the only one who can answer that question. Do you need a blog? Do you need a forum? Or do you need both? See the funcionalities of both and then make your decision. We can't really tell you what to do if you don't provide us with much information about what do you want.

Well I just want to make a website to list information (not so much a blog)
But what i need is a forum for people to ask questions, information so people can read up on what they need.

For example:
Dog website, I need a forum so dog owners can communicate with one another and ask questions. Care sheet page to list information on how to care for dogs, what supplies you need and etc. RSS feed so members can be updated on news and etc aout dogs.

Something along those lines.

You can honestly stick to a forum if you are using it for that only. Many people use Blogs to give out news, rather than for information. Information can be easily laid out within a forum, because, forums are for discussion. If you really are sure about not wanting a blog, you can delete it. But I can tell you it's not required to have it, and in my opinion, is much better to not have a blog with your current needs.