MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lets Talk about things !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been very lucky, a couple of days ago a friend decided to give up forums, and handed me his VB licence, so you can see I am more than happy.

However I am a little confused, it is resembles MyBB in so many ways, it's almost as if MyBB is a cut down version of VB.

The plugin system is the same, adding styles is the same, I was surprised after using MyBB how easy it was to adapt to VB.

With all the fuss going on about VB v Xenforo I wondered if you guys were actually worried that you were on VB's radar due to these similarities.
Obvious difference is that vBulletin is an absolute shambles (especially vB5). But no, I'm not worried. MyBB has been around for years and as far as I know, vBulletin has never tried to instigate any kind of legal action. How could they after all? None of our code or anything is based on theirs at all. We just happen to have similar features - just as most pieces of forum software do.
Its just the design coincides, other than that, there is little to no similarity, more or less.
That shows how mybb is developped and complicated as premium softwares. Mybb is our baby! Wink