MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post Sticky for x days
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear staff,
what do you think about this future to mybb 1.8 or 2.0 Admin or super moderator Make some thread sticky for x days .
I didn't find any plugin for that
thanks
faran
Use delayed moderation.
As Cracy4cs mentioned, you can already use the Delayed Moderation feature.
Why not just use... an announcement. Lol. Serves the same purpose. Unless you're trying to do like, paid stickies. In which you can use Timed Moderation.
"Why not just use... an announcement. Lol. Serves the same purpose"
what is this?
Have a look at this which tells you how to make them [Docs: Announcements]. Announcements are displayed above stickies in a section called Forum Announcements.
For example if you were to go to the MyBB.com Community & Site Issues forum you will see the THIS FORUM IS NOT FOR SUPPORT FOR YOUR FORUM announcement.
I agree a "Make some thread sticky for x days" option during the make sticky process is a good idea. That's a normal train of thought and should be how such effect is prompted for.
It's common for developers to do things in a way which is not intuitive for non-developers...
I think it's a GREAT feature to include if it is.
Too often it seems that just because a plugin exists for the requested feature is used as an excuse not to include it in core features.... that's not real progression. If a goal of MyBB is to obtain a greater market share then including novel but incredibly useful features like this in the core is the way to go.

If a plugin developer wants to complain so be it.. you can't copyright a thought but you can copyright code and so long as code isn't copied we're good. IMO I think development of great products should make bold development improvements. And other than the jQuery move, I'm just not seeing it yet.
(2013-02-28, 11:50 AM)WebDevandPhoto Wrote: [ -> ]I agree a "Make some thread sticky for x days" option during the make sticky process is a good idea. That's a normal train of thought and should be how such effect is prompted for.
It's common for developers to do things in a way which is not intuitive for non-developers...
Too often it seems that just because a plugin exists for the requested feature is used as an excuse not to include it in core features.... that's not real progression. If a goal of MyBB is to obtain a greater market share then including novel but incredibly useful features like this in the core is the way to go.

If a plugin developer wants to complain so be it.. you can't copyright a thought but you can copyright code and so long as code isn't copied we're good. IMO I think development of great products should make bold development improvements. And other than the jQuery move, I'm just not seeing it yet.
You perhaps forgot to read few above posts that this already exists in core. It's called delayed moderation.
(2013-02-28, 12:21 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-28, 11:50 AM)WebDevandPhoto Wrote: [ -> ]I agree a "Make some thread sticky for x days" option during the make sticky process is a good idea. That's a normal train of thought and should be how such effect is prompted for.

You perhaps forgot to read few above posts that this already exists in core. It's called delayed moderation.

You'll notice You Perhaps forgot to notice that my post viered off topic for a bit but to answer your reply yes I did read those previous post and yes I am aware delayed moderation is a core feature as stated in previous posts BUT I am saying the option as suggested by the OP is a logical way to present the input for that specific feature instead of going to delayed moderation which if I'm not mistaken is a few extra steps. Which is the subject content of my post you quoted besides the minor rant.

I sympathise with your vision, but core free board software enthusiasts are not open to, in your own words, novel incredibly useful features. They want it raw and difficult for mortals, just like in the world of free OS. Wink
Pages: 1 2