MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some minor issues that I would like help with
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have three issues that I would like help with. Thanks!

I realized that, in Firefox, all of the features in the message box (such as bold, italics, and underline, font, text size, etc.) do not work. When I hover my mouse over them they are covered by the blue color that is supposed to just highlight them and when I click nothing happens.

When going to edit signature (either from user or mod or admin cp) the signature box extends a little bit too low and I think the reason for it is that the right justify option is pushed onto a second row, thereby extending the entire box down by that much. Where can I go to adjust the code to fix this?

Also, I want a username to link to the corresponding profile wherever it is, especially where it says "welcome back [username]" at the top (just like how this forum has it that way).
1. This issue should have been fixed in the latest version of MyBB.

2. Read this: http://community.mybb.com/thread-75337.html

3. I thought it was already implemented that way. Could you post your header_welcomeblock_member template here?
(2013-02-26, 02:40 PM)ElectricShock Wrote: [ -> ]1. This issue should have been fixed in the latest version of MyBB.

2. Read this: http://community.mybb.com/thread-75337.html

3. I thought it was already implemented that way. Could you post your header_welcomeblock_member template here?

Thanks! I fixed the signature editor issue and I will upgrade to the latest version and see if the text editing tools work in Firefox. If I upgrade, will I keep all of the customizations I made with my forum (avatars, plugins, css and php code tweaks, etc.)? I fixed the third issue too.
Everything will be in place except for a few security changes in the templates. Nothing to worry about unless you did something major.
(2013-02-26, 03:12 PM)ElectricShock Wrote: [ -> ]Everything will be in place except for a few security changes in the templates. Nothing to worry about unless you did something major.

Okay thanks. In the interim, I replaced my editor.js file with the one from MYBB 1.6.9 (I'm using 1.6.3 now). It seems to work well in FF now. Could doing this mess anything up? (I saved my old editor.js files so I can undo what I did if it will mess things up). Thanks!
This COULD mess the smilies up. Not sure.

And you should also copy the contents of the "codebuttons" template of MyBB 1.6.9 to the older version to prevent problems.