MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to add external smilies in smilies manager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
All good points. Unless you own another domain like those big companies do (ie. www.yahoo.com and www.yimg.com) it's better if you just download the images and upload them to your server. Smilies (usually) aren't that big either.
DennisTT Wrote:Smilies (usually) aren't that big either.

You are correct there, but the point is, you should still obtain permission. However, like you said, most people aren't going to make a big stink over a smilie..
by the way those smiley's are on my other domain Smile which is far faster in downloading images. i don't know why but when i load smiley's to my server which has forum it goes slow down, and when i put them on different server its fast and download more faster. both domains are my own don't worry about the permission only reason is speed. and thanks Christian for the modification.

Appreciable Smile
If you guys want to fret over permissions over smilies, then you go right ahead!!!
judel Wrote:If you guys want to fret over permissions over smilies, then you go right ahead!!!

Remind me tomorrow, so I don't forget.
Christian Wrote:
DennisTT Wrote:Smilies (usually) aren't that big either.

You are correct there, but the point is, you should still obtain permission. However, like you said, most people aren't going to make a big stink over a smilie..

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I meant even if you have permission to use the smileys (or they are yours on another domain) it's probably easier to upload them to the forum's server, and mass-add it via the Admin CP, than to add smilies one by one putting in a different URL each time (assuming a modification has already been made to make remote smilies possible)
hehe i went to the phpadmin and make a query for about more than 300 smileys and run that query so all smileys added into mybb_smilies table

then i removed my site name from server and optimization plugin and made it blank, smiley works yu hu

but when activation sent to the members it doesn't have my server address. i mean the base address is missing as i removed it

but now i did change the mod that is provided in this thread thanks alot all of u guys for your great time Smile
Wouldn't it be easier just to do what Christian said, here, with the url?
DennisTT Wrote:Perhaps I wasn't clear. I meant even if you have permission to use the smileys (or they are yours on another domain) it's probably easier to upload them to the forum's server, and mass-add it via the Admin CP, than to add smilies one by one putting in a different URL each time (assuming a modification has already been made to make remote smilies possible)

Ohh. So you make that comment in reference to uploading them. Duh why didn't I realize that? Remember what I said in IRC last night.. I'm the resident dumbass. [Image: ashamed0007.gif]
CraKteR Wrote:Wouldn't it be easier just to do what Christian said, here, with the url?

Sure if you have 1 smiley to add. I'm not about to add 30 remote smileys one at a time, but maybe you have that kind of time Toungue
Pages: 1 2