MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: installing on win2003 with iis (no wamp/ xamp)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi:
is there some sort of install document for putting up mybb under iis. i do not have an option of using apache.
the current install instructions mention programs and instructions that assume linux/ apache. for starters.

soo.
1. how can i do this under iis only.
2. there is no sql on the box i have to run with. so what is the smallest footprint sql i can use.

i understand this question has been posed a billion times. but i find it nowhere on this site (using your search) or google. that makes me very uneasy about using mybb btw.

tks.

ps. please dont flame on my not being able to use apache on this box. its what i have to live with. and it would be very very nice if i could- but ive been told no.
So long as you have PHP running on IIS then you should be fine (though rewrite rules will not work using the default .htaccess - which in itself won't work either of course). Regarding the SQL server, MySQL is the only fully supported SQL driver really. Postgre and SQLite are buggy at best right now.
unfortunately this does not help me very much. the part about having php5 working on win2003 is still elusive.

ive tried to use the install instructions on the install.txt files in several versions of php. (for php-5.3.3, -5.3.5, and 5.4.12). they reference php5isapi.dll which is not located on the distribution. this of course means i cant tell iis which handle to use to run php pages.

it would be very nice if developers keep the install scripts refreshed with the current install programs.

even using the msi scripts were not helpful. seems that for win2003 the fast cgi package is not available (i could not download/ install it).

soooo. im stuck.
My prod site is running on Win 2008r2 and my dev site is Win 2003. They both use IIS with php5 via fastcgi, with zero issues.

What is the issue you're having with fastcgi?
http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.iis6.php
i gave up on iis. its not that iis was not working- it is. and things were set up properly- i googled and found that lots of people were having same trub. the iis settings are corrent. php handle/ permissions/ file/ settings etc. just did not work.

tried it on a different win2003 box. same problem. i strongly suspect the answer was the iis arrangement was busted with i previously installed mailenable on the box (webmail using asp). that was the major difference between the win2003 installations.

groan, switched to easyphp and installed php/ apache/ mysql. then mybb worked just fine. i had to adjust to a different port from http. went to 8000 since my router uses 8080 for something else.

in the end, i bumped into a different hiccup with mybb and was forced to switch to phpbb3. but that is a different post. there is probably an easy solution.

soooo. no iis with mybb. gave up.
again, not mybb bug- just busted iis/ asp arrangement.