MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help making a forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I honestly use 2gbvps because, 2GB for $7.95 or so, worth it too. Their servers are great speeds, nice processor, I/O, etc.
Woah slow down, not everyone starts on a VPS. :x

(though admittedly I "started" on a home-based dedicated server)

If you're starting out on shared hosting, obligatory Bihira recommendation. Can't go wrong with 25GB for $2.50 a month, and any problems I've had have been sorted quickly and professionally.
Ok host and vps.
Now for the research where do I start?
Please don't spoon feed me just drop me at the bottom of the steps with a guide and let me climb them Smile

Btw my new PC is getting here next week.
16 ram
I5 Intel
Z77 motherboard
Gtx 670 graphic card
1.5 TB space
126 bit ssd
Will these help with anything?
(2013-02-27, 05:30 AM)theroyoboyo Wrote: [ -> ]Btw my new PC is getting here next week.
16 ram
I5 Intel
Z77 motherboard
Gtx 670 graphic card
1.5 TB space
126 bit ssd
Will these help with anything?

Not unless you plan to self-host, but with your knowledge I'm telling you to avoid that.
I wouldn't suggest coding/programming forum, unless you know to code. The other niches are saturated as others said. Even programming is a saturated niche, but its better than others.

Honestly, i don't think anyone would be able to suggest an forum idea that will be so unique that it will succeed for its uniqueness. Because if they have an idea like that, they would try to start a forum of their own.

Try looking at web around you to see what's the trending topic now. Try to find a discussion forum about it. If there are not much forums, then make sure that the topic would be something that will evolve more and people would actually want to discuss about it more and more.

Once you have an idea of what exactly your forum should be about, decide on the categories, contents, etc.

Forum software and especially plugin and themes will be the last thing i would worry about when starting a forum.
Pages: 1 2