MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: XenForo Lawsuit Finally Over
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Status of lawsuit

A settlement was reached, though we probably won't ever know exactly what that settlement was (Or at least for a while).

So yeah, read the post at the link for as much info as you'll probably find anywhere.
Finally. Hopefully now they'll release some new updates and the long awaited 1.2. I might even consider renewing my license too...
Yeah, hopefully discontinuing development wasn't part of the settlement, but that would be pretty one-sided.

It may even involve them rewriting some of their source code, so a big change in the software may be in it's future.

Really hard to tell though at this point.
I doubt it. None of the code is even remotely based on vBulletin.
I thought IB's initial claim was about using certain methods of coding that were agreed to not be used or something?
I really can't remember 100%, but they claimed Kier had stolen ideas and code IIRC.
Yes I'm so happy, once Kier posts an update on whats going to happen I'll renew for sure. As far as Xenforo having vB code, that was never true. Even IB's hired expert couldn't find an ounce of vB code Smile.
This doesn't really fix XF though. There still hasn't been an announcement on the forum for months. Plus the flash has kind of wore off by now.
They still have a strong community, though (And a large one). A looooot of publicity came out of that lawsuit.
(2013-02-27, 08:00 PM)Euan T. Wrote: [ -> ]Finally. Hopefully now they'll release some new updates and the long awaited 1.2. I might even consider renewing my license too...

Yay Toungue

But yeah, finally.
Pages: 1 2 3