MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Incorrect login attempt counting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, have a problem. My Board is counting the login attempts wrong. It's a old problem* but it had never bothered me until now. In my config i have set 5 and 45 min for waiting. The Time works great but the counting is buggy. It seems it counting in two steps. After the first wrong login it shows 3 > 1 > Close. In the settings.php it's all ok. Any idea?

*The board was an phpBB > MyBB 1.6.4 (yes now it's 1.6.9)
CHMOD from settings.php is ok (666)
Try: Admin CP -> Configuration -> User registration & Profile options -> Number of times to allow failed logins
I think you got me wrong. Ok new example. I have changed the Number of times to allow failed logins to 10 and the Time between failed logins down to 30. The Display number of failed logins is active. When i now with my Testaccount enter a wrong password the counter jump to 8 on the member.php with the error notice. When i re enter a new wrong password the counter jumps to 6 > 4 > 2 > Close for 30min. I mean usually the counter should work in 1 steps right? How can i fix it?