MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Courtesy Edit option for forum in Admin CP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One of the most annoying things I've faced in MyBB is when after making a post I noticed I made a typo and I quick edit it and save changes within a few seconds and the thread post shows I edited it.
I think this is really excessive and mis-guided feature of MyBB.
It would be ideal if in Admin CP a developer had the option of putting a delay on the "post edit by" report (allowing for quick corrections) which is like a big beacon of shame for posters who missed those typos.

What do you say? yay or nay?

Edit:
post edited immediately for effect
Edit2:
then edited again for the type/typo I missed lol
This is a plugin that does that

http://mods.mybb.com/view/courtesy-edit-time

Not sure if it should be core though.
yes I use that one, ... probably is why I named the thread subject as I did.

Why do you feel it shouldn't be a core feature??

edit:
edited for effect Toungue
It's funny because even after I edit my posts a few seconds later, I usually prefix my edit with "Edit:" anyway. Maybe because that "edited by" message pops up and I want to explain why I edited it.
I have been looking into this feature.
(2013-04-29, 03:17 AM)Jazza Wrote: [ -> ]It's funny because even after I edit my posts a few seconds later, I usually prefix my edit with "Edit:" anyway. Maybe because that "edited by" message pops up and I want to explain why I edited it.
lol yea me too... I put edit: in the body as a prefix to any additions to help explain why that editing by beacon shows as it's embarrassing imo. Especially on someone else's post (moderating) as it feels like I'm opening someone else's mail or something.... it feels taboo.

(2013-04-29, 03:19 AM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]I have been looking into this feature.
Oh please, a courtesy edit time via the core.. or even an option to disable the edited by banner would be great!
(2013-04-29, 03:19 AM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]I have been looking into this feature.

https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/67