MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Golden Triangle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Often faced people asking for high quality works for free, and that too, instantly. I'm tired of making them understand. So, this one is for all those friends:

GOLDEN TRIANGLE OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT

[Image: 2XItzMA.png]

The concept is simple - you can only have two.

Time + Cost = a project done quickly and cheaply ... but the Quality may suffer

Quality + Time = an outstanding project delivered quickly ... but it will Cost more

Cost + Quality = great work at a reasonable cost ... but leave plenty of Time to complete it

There is no right or wrong approach; it depends on what is important for a particular project. So choose your own two. Don't expect impractically having all three at a single work.
That is a great way to explain it effone. Have some rep Smile.
I believe a balance between the three is the best most of the times.
If you make it a square, you can add "Perfect World" as a special bonus option. You get the product fast, cheap, and of its highest quality. I like squares.
Your third option doesn't really make sense (Cost + Quality), if they get a cheap price, why would you spend longer on it?

But yeah, you say all aren't possible, why not?
Its not me, Eric, its 'Management Basics' :p
I guess management basics don't consider things like The Cure then, which is a quality product, completely free, and you can get it in a matter of seconds.

But fair enough, though it's slightly confusing since you put your site name on it and posted a thread about it.

I personally think that quality is the most important, with time or cost being second and third. You get what you pay for, after all.
Talents like you are always come under exception. The Cure is an extraordinary product and should be considered specially.

I didn't like the golden triangle symbols available, so, I made one and put sitename driven by bad habits :p

Here are some available:

[Image: Time%20cost%20quality.jpg]

[Image: 320px-Project-triangle.svg.png]
(2013-02-28, 05:06 PM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]I guess management basics don't consider things like The Cure then, which is a quality product, completely free, and you can get it in a matter of seconds.

The triangle is based on requesting a product, right? The Cure is an already available free theme. If it wasn't public and wasn't free, someone would have to request it. Then it falls under the "If you want it done fast, you pay less but the quality won't be as good" stuff that this triangle tries to explain.
Good point, I didn't realize it was based on that. I thought the triangle was based on what it takes to get the product from the creator to the consumer.

Either way, quality over quantity, patience is a virtue, and you get what you pay for are good things to keep in mind when considering what you need most out of said triangle.